• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Keep An Eye Out Tomorrow...

Electro who? So battery operated to manually do tinting?
Yeah, basically. You vary the voltage running across the coating and it will change color/opacity based on voltage.

Ever see one of those spy movies where they walk into a glass-walled conference room and suddenly the walls turn black? That type of stuff.

Yeah, basically. You vary the voltage running across the coating and it will change color/opacity based on voltage.

Ever see one of those spy movies where they walk into a glass-walled conference room and suddenly the walls turn black? That type of stuff.
That would be interesting obstacle to overcome and maintain visual clarity standard the current lenses provide. The house windows and stuff that you can get that way are pretty thick, not to mention making a gradient that is still transparent enough for unobstructed use while still diffusing and blocking light as needed for UV protection. That patent that nlgrav182 posted in a lengthy read so I have to come back to it later.

I really think this kind of technology in a mass produced glasses is not really a option when you take in to consideration the amount of Jawbone/Racing Jacket units sold it would price it out of a large proportion of amutear cyclists when a pair of Racing Jackets (Polarized) cost £200 .what do you think something like this May cost £300-350 ? .
I can't imagine there to many cycilist (non competive) would have that kind of money to spend on eyewear .

Here is a couple more from Sundays highlights of the overall race.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406534228.351469.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406534244.650626.jpg

Back