• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Keep An Eye Out Tomorrow...

Huh, guess there's no side-specific mech.

Maybe someone mentioned this before, but my best guess is that both circular parts swivel down with the rim to unlock the lens, which is then slid straight down to be removed. It'd probably be the most elegant swapping method since the Jawbone and Split Jacket - no tugging - although it would require a "snap-in" like the Radar and Radarlock nose pieces, either to secure the setup and/or because there's no way by degree of freedom that it can just slide on smoothly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408474295.943503.jpg

Another picture of the new shades. Very cool indeed.

That 'hole' on the side looks like their new 'all in one hinge' they put in the Tinfoil (?) ...

A cross between eye shades and a jawbone? With the newer 'half' style ear socks... I'm not a fan of the stems, but maybe they're all over the place because they're a prototype?

Like car companies to do soon to be released cars? All checkered and striped up?

'm not a fan of the stems, but maybe they're all over the place because they're a prototype?

Like car companies to do soon to be released cars? All checkered and striped up?

I don't think Oakley has ever done that practice. They don't really need to. This was more of an attempt to draw attention, and I'm pretty sure the idea was to have decent camera time if Cav didn't crash out. The Jawbone and Radarlock weren't camouflaged in their pre-production stages.

The new pics are cool. Looks like an earlier 3D printed prototype as the orbital appears to be one fixed piece, and some details on the upper rim don't seem to be there.

I don't think Oakley has ever done that practice. They don't really need to. This was more of an attempt to draw attention, and I'm pretty sure the idea was to have decent camera time if Cav didn't crash out. The Jawbone and Radarlock weren't camouflaged in their pre-production stages.

The new pics are cool. Looks like an earlier 3D printed prototype as the orbital appears to be one fixed piece, and some details on the upper rim don't seem to be there.
He's looking at racing Tour du Poitou Charentes at end of the month and Tour of Britain in September, so we might get a bunch more looks at a functioning model. He had radarlocks in the few pictures I saw of his racing last week.

Just got some secret info from an Oakley rep. It was a rather big mistake that Cav wore it at the tour as it should not have been known yet. It is called the Jawbreaker and will as you can all see be a mix of Radarlock and Racing Jacket. Coming out next year to the public.

Back