• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Keeping Glasses In Car-bad?

I keep my M Frames and SI Fives 2.0 in soft vaults in the center console and my SI M Frame 2.0s in my fire bag in the trunk....never had a problem.

Yeah i keep mine in the car as well..either it was BS or its just about whether theyre left in plain sunlight to bake for hours on end

I never leave my pairs in my cars as I don't want some SCUMBAG nicking them, but if I ever did then they'd be in the glovebox out of the way keeping cool.

My car was broken into and some jerk made off the Turquoise Jupiters I had just gotten for Christmas three days prior :sad: ...and they were well hidden under my seat, in a case. That alone is reason enough for me to take my Oaks with me anytime I leave the car.

I personally believe that coating for the polarized lenses are more likely to wear/bubble/or peal under stressful environments but I guess I am the only one who thinks this....

I personally believe that coating for the polarized lenses are more likely to wear/bubble/or peal under stressful environments but I guess I am the only one who thinks this....

it comes down to knowing the technology. oakley's polarisation is infused into the lens material, and the coating on non polarised and polarised lenses are the same, so there is no difference.

if youre talking about some cheap brand lenses which use laminate technology (ie rayban, aftermarket etc) and the polarisation layer is sandwiched in the lens then maybe there may be an issue. but with oakley there simply isnt, due to the construction

I always take mine with me in extreme heat or cold to work...if I am just running in to a mall and its 70 out I leave em in the car for a couple hours but the heat here has been killer lately...its like cd's when its 5 degrees out i bring em in to work..only cd player I have is in my car...

I'd be more worried about using $10 glasses and damaging my eyes than having a pair of Oakleys become a little distorted.

And for that matter many members, myself included, have put their frames in boiling water to get the adhesive on the icons to release, with no ill-effect to the frame.

A modern car windshield blocks UV light the same way O lenses do (this is why Transitions type lenses won't work for driving).

Even with the weather being way hotter then usual this summer, its not really the heat that worries me. I always take my sunglasses with me, even when I get home because even though I live in a "quiet" and "safe" neighbourhood, theft can happen anywhere and its not worth the risk.
And then there are those brutal Alberta winters.....

Back