• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Keeping your glasses on your face

PostmanRP

Oakley Beginner
Okeechobee
I'm A mailman here in central Florida and it's hot as hell right now. Sweat like crazy. Anybody have any tips or tricks on how to keep my sunglasses from sliding down my face? Even with the unobtainium they slide

I'm a person who recieves mail here in central FL, and it has been bad the last week or so. I wear Gascans while working because I don't want to screw up my good glasses and they don't even come close to staying on my face. I had to put the rubbers and aftermarket crap lenses back on a beater pair of Juliets. At least they hold the skull and work.

What are you wearing now? How well does it fit you? How much wrap behind the ears does it have? Nose and ear rubber? Weight? How old are they?

I wear M Frames every day at work. When it gets hot and sweaty I can float them 2" out in front of my face the grip is so good. But they're made to be super tight wrap (the 3.0 specifically).

I'd recommend a new set of rubber and possibly a new frame. Vented Radars, maybe some half frames in whatever flavor suits your face.

The Turbines in my pic is the ones I'm currently wearing. I've had radars before. They slipped on the nose some as well. They're fine if I'm wearing them while mowing outside. It's just that much hotter in that truck. May have to literally glue them on lol

I wear Turbines to work sometimes. I agree --- they don't have the rubber nose grips. I also have to agree with many posters that the Radar Locks/Radar Paths/ Radar Range glasses are more for sports/physical type of scenarios --- the rubber nose grips, rubber ear stems, and face hugging features play into those types of issues.

Now Gascans are pretty tight fitting too.

And it would seem so are the 4+1 (2) pair ( I got a moto GP pair)

I will also throw in the Det Cords are also good for your face.

Over the holiday weekend I was using my Range Radar TR45 prizim lens for duty and despite me profusely sweating while dealing with drunks and non-compliant revelers at this strip of clubs they have in the town, they stayed on my face pretty tight despite some scuffles with a non-compliant offender. ( the bullet proof vest is like a @#$@$ wool sweater in summer)

Back