• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Killing Of Frogskins?

I think it's more a function of the the Frog style frame becoming popular in the mainstream again. They didn't produce many during the "lean" decade or so (late 90's to mid 2000's) in which they were not as fashionable, with the more streamlined (Wires, Fives, etc) in vogue. During that time they made the special editions for those of us that still coveted the frame, with the "hidden" or unintentional bonus of making those still loyal the ones holding the now-valuable collectors editions. But I digress, to make it simple, they're cool again, so they're gonna churn the hell out of them for everyone. Just my two cents..

Sorry about the thread misplacement...I understand everyone's opinions. But one thing, has there ever been a pair of Limited or Special Edition Frogskins ***With Violet or Jade lenses***? Cause if there hasn't, IMO having them in OCP hurts the rarity of those LE or SE Frogs in the future.

none with Jade. closest has been some Petterson pairs with Emerald, and the recent Fragment Design pair as well.

Just like you said, your "opinion". You can't say Jupiter Camo frogs are the only ones getting when there is such a huge selection of ones out there that are really well done. I would agree that they are becoming overhyped though. I think one of the reasons people collect frogs is due to their rarity. I don't think most frog collectors invest in them to resell later. It's all about having something unique.

Absolutely its just my opinion. I understand others who want to collect a large majority of them just as I do with the artist stuff and limited fuel cells, batwolf and oil rigs. In the end its all just opinion but i do feel they need to lay off the frogs and try something new such as a reinvented Plate or OTT model.

Honestly it's tough to say that though with the huge following the Frogskins have. Hell there are communities like ours that are Frogskins-only collectors!

Possibly one of the biggest collectors group out there.

Back