• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Killswitch carbon fiber bezel

Spent some time on a few last night and today. One is the texture finish raw cf that I polished up. Other is one I smoothed out and clear coated and the other is the texture finish clear coated. The other colors that are showing up is the resin in between the layers of carbon fiber. The clear makes the colors stand out more.

View attachment 282997

View attachment 282999

View attachment 283001

View attachment 283002

View attachment 283003
Did you get colored carbon, or is that some side effect of the carbon you used? If you want to make some out of some wild stuff, I can point in you to a really cool source

It's just black carbon fiber. The colors in there is the resin that was used. I was thinking some carbon kevlar would look cool as well. What source do you have for the other carbon materials?

@zwc0442 I'm interested in one if possible. I had hope Oakley to make one but they never did, also tried to asked someone to CNC but I didn't know much the process.

If you happen to still have one for sale, will there be an option to the finish? I like the grey raw color, looks like the Timb bomb 2 from the photos

Yea finish option will be your choice. This batch is probably all spoken for already buy I still have to go back through all my pm and get the list a together. I will be having more made as soon as I can.

Got one all finished up finally. This one for myself anyway.

20161010_144646.jpg