• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Killswitch Condensation

Jake_Quesadilla

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,

bought the Killswitch Stealth back in December of 2014 and I recently went on a tropical vacation and I did happen to take my watch with me snorkeling... I woke up the next morning and my watch had a ton of condensation built up in the face. I am a little disgruntled at myself for taking this expensive of a watch into the water but I figured it would honestly be fine as the band is rubber and such. If anybody has any idea on what I should do please let me know!

Killswitch.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

bought the Killswitch Stealth back in December of 2015 and I recently went on a tropical vacation and I did happen to take my watch with me snorkeling... I woke up the next morning and my watch had a ton of condensation built up in the face. I am a little disgruntled at myself for taking this expensive of a watch into the water but I figured it would honestly be fine as the band is rubber and such. If anybody has any idea on what I should do please let me know!

View attachment 159870
Find your receipt and bring it back to have it warrantied

Maybe like you do with phones when they are wet put it in rice and leave it for a day. That may draw the condensation out.
Like Lexempo said send it back for warranty.

I assume you mean December 2014 since it is not Dec. 2015 yet.

Remove the back, let it sit covered in rice for a day or two, and replace the back. Maybe the rubber seal is pinched or something. I don't know how long the warranty process takes; if it's longer than a couple weeks I would try the DIY method.

Remove the back, let it sit covered in rice for a day or two, and replace the back. Maybe the rubber seal is pinched or something. I don't know how long the warranty process takes; if it's longer than a couple weeks I would try the DIY method.
Remove the back and void the warranty. What a brilliant idea.

Regardless of whether rice does or does not draw all the moisture out, the bigger problem is that it got in there in the first place. Aside from Jontoad's very good question, you should absolutely pursue warranty repair or replacement.
Agree, Better way to go.

Back