• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kony 2012

This has been spreading like wildfire and it definitely is something that needs to be stopped. Its amazing how powerful the internet can be when we all work towards one goal.

Im going to go on a rant if you dont mind.. If people actually cared about what is going on around the world they would've known about Joseph Kony from when he was in the newspaper and on the news..years ago!! All of a sudden teenagers are starting to "care" about this tragedy, but really they're just posting on Facebook twitter and other social network sites. This is not helping the cause, it is educating it. US Military is already out searching for him and the president has addressed this issue so what more do we need to do now? It's not like any of us are going to fly out to Uganda and start saving these innocent kids or catch this man. Although, it's possible, still I doubt any of us plan on actually going. And I read that they donate only 32% of their profit to Uganda which could be a lot now that it is trending but they are making more than they should for being such "caring" people and trying to help the innocent kids. Most foundations don't do much either, but people are treating this one like its saving us from a worldwide threat. I'm not saying you are, just the general posts I've seen about it.

I respect everyone that shares this and wants it to end because what he does is true and it's horrible. I just don't think there is anything we can do to actually stop it. Like i said all we are doing is educating, which is still great, I just wish people would acknowledge it on other social networks. Thank you for posting the video for this
community. I was actually going to do so tonight and go on about the pros and cons.

Note: I have watched the video and done research on Invisible Children and I respect everything that they are doing and I understand everyone that posts this onto twitter and Facebook is trying to get the word out so this is NOT aimed at anyone in particular at all!!

Back