• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Koston Craftsman Frogs On Ebay Real Or Fake?

I think that is the 5th pair from that seller and she has only had 2 negative feedback in the past year. I would give her the benefit of the doubt on it.

I think that is the 5th pair from that seller and she has only had 2 negative feedback in the past year. I would give her the benefit of the doubt on it.
5th pair? How would someone have so many of those to sell? I thought they were a little more rare than that.

I spoke with the lady for awhile regarding these pairs (before I picked up mine from a very helpful forum member). She apparently received some stock from a designer she works with that was gifted these by oakley (the designer apparently occasionally works with Oakley). I picked up a pair of matte red frogskins without a sku on the inner earstem. After careful review by myself (and I even brought RVF in to check them out) and some forum members everything appeared to be authentic on the matte red frogskins. SO long story short my gut would tell me they are legit. It's very hard to tell though as their are no product codes or original box/paperwork to help confirm authenticity (kostons never came with these items). The only clue for authenticity, that I can tell, is the specific microbag.

I agree that based on the low production numbers that 5 pairs seems odd, but if you think about it, I very much doubt that all the pairs oakley manufactured actually went to friends and family of Koston (how many friends and family does this guy have?). Its not inconceivable that oakley handed the rest out to people (like designers) they work closely with. Like anything though, this is all speculation, these could be fake as f%&$, it is the bay after all. Just figured I would add in my two cents...

Thanks for the info, these are one of my favorite pairs on my wish list and I figured it was too good to br true. Guess ill just watch and see what happens.

Having seen the pictures I am confident this pair and the microbag are genuine, I have an example of this essential Frogskin in my own collection and cannot identify any difference to suggest the item offered is a fake.

I personally bought a pair off of this seller and I believe they are legit. But when you look at this auction and compare it to some of the previous auctions the seller is using the same picture. So I can guarantee it wont be the same distressed look as the one in the pictures. But great seller to deal with and fast shipping.

Latest Posts

Back