• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kronin323’s 10,000th post – Evolution of an O-ddiction…

damn dude , you're the man ,really impressive
besides the awesome collection my mind was counting $300 here there there 400 there there 500 there there 400 there there there there
, jesus christ your collection goes over 50 g's
congrats on the 10k milestone
plus I don't know you but I can tell that you are a cool dude and always there when needed
congrats again
cheers :drinks:

damn dude , you're the man ,really impressive
besides the awesome collection my mind was counting $300 here there there 400 there there 500 there there 400 there there there there
, jesus christ your collection goes over 50 g's
congrats on the 10k milestone
plus I don't know you but I can tell that you are a cool dude and always there when needed
congrats again
cheers :drinks:
Jeez I stopped counting lol.

gallery_38609_23804_18635571404d1a0d0c0f655.jpg

thats a lot of effort on the oakley forum

Thanks everybody; I appreciate all the comments. :drinks:

To address the comments about a doublewide, here's the deal...

Yes, I would love a doublewide, have thought for some months already that I was ready for one, collection size-wise. But there's a couple of issues:

1 - When I bought the singlewide, one of the things I used to avoid any extra grief from The Wife was saying that I'd use the case as a kinda self-limiter of my collection size; I couldn't let it grow any bigger than I could fit in the case (TWSS). Upgrading to a doublewide less than a year after making that statement would not go over well...

2 - I don't have any practical place to put one, not even a practical place to store one until space frees up.

There is, though, one spot where a doublewide would go perfectly. But right now in that spot is a... diaper changing table. Which gets a lot of use. And will so for at least the next two years.

So, the answer to both of those issues is... patience. If I wait a couple of years for the changing table to no longer be needed, I'll have a spot to put one. And by then enough time will have passed that I could get away with it with The Wife, I believe...

And who knows what the future holds? Perhaps by then the fever will have cooled to the point where a doublewide is no longer a priority. Maybe, maybe not...

But how can I make it that long? (TWSS) I do have a little bit more breathing room in there; I could get in four more pairs just by upgrading the less-than-three tier stands to three-tier. And swapping the three-tiers to Qtrain's four-tiers would add spots for another 10. Or I could start displaying some folded up, making more room.

The thing is, I like keeping them with arms open, and I like being able to select my wear pair for the day without much hassle taking them out. So for the meantime I just plan to be a lot more choosey about new acquisitions, taking my time to eat up any remaining space. My wallet will thank me, too...

Will I stick to that plan? What if I run out of space too fast? What if a can't-pass deal on a doublewide comes up in the meantime? IDK, I'll just have to play it by ear...

Back