• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kronin323's Forum Anniversary and 5000th post

Wow very nice collection. Do you polish and clean all your pairs? They look really shiny and pristine.

Thanks. I can't say I polish them - I try to keep them clean, especially the lenses, but being a NSW makes that difficult; I don't think I do as good of a job as others here.

But the unobtrusive corner where I keep my case isn't very well lighted - I opened all the blinds on a sunny day, turned on all the room lights, AND turned on the aftermarket LED lighting I rigged my case with to do this shoot, trying to light it up as best as possible. Glad you liked the results; I consider my photography skills to be mediocre at best, on a good day...

Which is another thing this forum has taught me, to up my pic game... :D

Congrats on the milestones...:drinks: I joined (and have hung around) for the same reasons as many and in my short time here your posts are some of my favorites. Honest, informative, to the point (well mostly) and a little controversial... Hope there's many more to come. The collection looks great as well!

Congratulations on the first year and on 5000 posts! Almost100 posts a week!

May your collection ever remain Juliet-heavy :)

I really like those blue customs. I'm not hugely keen on coloured rubber outside of its OEM applications but it works on those - black would be a little lost against the dark blue. I like to make the frame and more so the lens do the work on customs but you made judicious choices on that pair.

Some of the most intriguing and appetising what's on your plate posts too - keep it all up!

Almost100 posts a week!

The funny part is, I haven't been at a consistent post count the entire year - I started slow and ramped up; IDK when I would have hit 5K if I'd been at my current speed the entire time...

And there's a couple of members here who've hit the ground running, will blow me away if they keep it up for a full year...

@ptownphil @TheWannaBe ;)

The funny part is, I haven't been at a consistent post count the entire year - I started slow and ramped up; IDK when I would have hit 5K if I'd been at my current speed the entire time...

And there's a couple of members here who've hit the ground running, will blow me away if they keep it up for a full year...

@ptownphil @TheWannaBe ;)
WANTANABE is already in the top 10 most points thou. I aint.:assassin:

WANTANABE is already in the top 10 most points thou. I aint.:assassin:

Naw he's #16 out of 20... I was on that list and got bumped, but with the double trophies today I'm now at the top... well no, not really, Rustpot still has more. And I'm tied with qtrain, and he's more deserving... so, 3rd? :D

Something interesting I've noticed about those lists is, in a tie, the most recent person to hit that level is ranked higher. So much for seniority....o_O

But at the same time it makes sense - there's only so many trophy awards (or whatever) one can earn, and if the first to make it stays at the top, the list becomes stagnant, nothing to motivate newer members. Or keep established ones on their toes... ;)

And it's all just for fun, anyway - THIS FORUM HAS GREAT MEMBERS!!!

(@OakleyFrankFMJ, there's your cue... :D)

Naw he's #16 out of 20... I was on that list and got bumped, but with the double trophies today I'm now at the top... well no, not really, Rustpot still has more. And I'm tied with qtrain, and he's more deserving... so, 3rd? :D

Something interesting I've noticed about those lists is, in a tie, the most recent person to hit that level is ranked higher. So much for seniority....o_O

But at the same time it makes sense - there's only so many trophy awards (or whatever) one can earn, and if the first to make it stays at the top, the list becomes stagnant, nothing to motivate newer members. Or keep established ones on their toes... ;)

And it's all just for fun, anyway - THIS FORUM HAS GREAT MEMBERS!!!

(@OakleyFrankFMJ, there's your cue... :D)
Heh......
You said.......

MEMBERS!!!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

can't wait, to see your new avatar!

congrats to your milestone - hopefully we will see the 6.000 soon . . .

Latest Posts

Back