• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Large Nose Bombs For Half X?

reginacarmelitas

Oakley Beginner
East Coast
Hi, guys!

I have a polished Half X Blue Iridium Polar. However, it does not fit well on me because my nose bridge is not high enough. What I can't understand is that my other Half X (Carbon, Black Iridium Polarized) fits just fine. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why there is such a difference in fit.

Do I need to find extra large nose bombs for my polished Half X? Are there donor nose bombs I can use for it?

Thanks.

From what I have seen, the Half X Nose pieces are proprietary to that frame only. I have 2 frames in front of me and 3 sets of nose pieces and they are all the same.

I don't believe there were multiple sizes.

In regards to your irregularity between your frames.... I assume you've already swapped the nose pieces/various parts from each of the frames and you've narrowed down where the sizing issue comes from?

It'd likely be from the arms.

Too bad there aren't any swappable donor lenses. But thanks for the info. I appreciate you taking the time to check.

All the best.

I assume the lenses are touching your cheeks? I modded the lenses on mine with all new aggressive curves to them and the lens was finished to a smooth factory look. Now it has a new look to the frame and kept those lenses from touching the top of my cheeks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409243911.875851.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409243969.150609.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409244024.589543.jpg

I assume the lenses are touching your cheeks? I modded the lenses on mine with all new aggressive curves to them and the lens was finished to a smooth factory look. Now it has a new look to the frame and kept those lenses from touching the top of my cheeks.

Yes, you nailed it. And because the lenses keep touching my cheeks I end up cleaning the inside of the lenses more often to wipe away the oils.
I guess it was probably a design flaw of the Half X.

Yes, you nailed it. And because the lenses keep touching my cheeks I end up cleaning the inside of the lenses more often to wipe away the oils.
I guess it was probably a design flaw of the Half X.

If you want to fix that issue let me know. Half X lenses are available on the vault at a minimal price. I will try to post you comparison pics between factory and custom.

Latest Posts

Back