• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Laser Cutting Gaskets For Discontinued Oakleys

EdsJunk

Oakley Expert
So I've seen this many times, people break or loose gaskets for there oakleys, and there out of luck when trying to call HQ. So i was thinking, since I have my laser cutter.. I should be able to cut these out of rubber material. Does anyone have an interest in this project? We could do the Romeo 1.0 Kits and also I was thinking of the rubber inside the nosebriges of the X-Metals..... What I would need from you guys is a set of all the gaskets we would want to duplicate (don't worry.. no harm will be done to the originals!) Whoever sends me the originals to use for measurements, I will send them back along with a free extra set I cut. we could do these in different colors as well! Lets make a list of what gaskets we would like to have recreated and you guys post who can help with original gaskets for measuring!

Ill start it small... I will also post this on o-review. I will edit this list you see with the updates from both sites...... Lets try to do this!

- Romeo 1.0
- Juliet
-gaskets
-Nose Bridge Gaskets

the nose bridge gasket for the X Squared would be nice..:biggrin: since the XS has screws on the bridge so anyone can replace it with out sending it in for a tune up.

looks like oakleyandi is sending some juliet and romeo 1.0 gaskets to copy.. thanks bro

@Edsjunk VERY COOL IDEA!!!!! I am very interested in the outcome of these, what type of rubber material will you be using to do this with???

I'm not to sure yet. Going to try diff materials, rubber, that hobby foam even. See what works good. I want to stay with rubber though as close to stock as possible

Latest Posts

Back