• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Laser eye surgery Opinions/ Reviews

OakleyCan

Oakley Expert
Canada
Going in for a consultation, looking for your experiences with the surgery. I understand there is a chance for side effects, most of my friends and family have all had positive experiences. Looking forward to your responses.

As it stands I have a mild prescription, I can get away with not wearing glasses but it also gives me a chance to wear the Oakley Rx line Given my vision is relatively good, the risk of halos, starbursts etc is unnerving.

That does ring true.

Eyes are precious and priceless. Trying to be as educated as possible. But when I read i.e that an ex high ranking staff with the FDA is calling for LASIK to be permanently banned it leaves me uneasy

I had Lasik done 6-7 years ago. I had a very bad astigmatism. I had worn contacts since was i 10-12. Glasses since I was 7. I am 40 now.

I can not tell you how happy I've been. It is the best thing ever. It was a little scary going through everything. They use lasers to map your eye. I went through 3 different machines maping your eyes. Then you go into a dark room and they dialate your eyes. You go into the surgery room where they clamp your head down. They will also clamp your eye lids open so you are unable to blink /shut your eyes. Then the scariest part is when the cutter comes. They didn't tell me anything about this and got me really scared. When the cutter cuts your lens open... All I saw a black.. I was 100% blind.. I got really scared. But the nurse calmed me down. Then the laser starts. It has another laser embedded that tracks your eye. So any movement that you make, the laser corrects itself. You can see the laser making is rounds. But the worst.. You can smell your eye burning. It's not bad.. Just a slight smell. When the laser is done, they flip your lens back down and.. Oh my gosh what a difference. Lastly they give you drops and put the mask/ glasses on to have someone drive you home.

I still remember coming home. It was sunset and even with the gauze, eyes closed, and glasses on, it hurt my eyes. My Dr gave me a sleeping pill. I woke up the next day and saw 100% 20/20 for the first time in my life... Awesome. I drove to the follow up the next morning.

After surgery, your eyes Will Be Dry as heck! They give you drops and I think they are available from Costco. I took drops for about 10 months before my eyes could tear and keep wet themselves.

That does ring true.

Eyes are precious and priceless. Trying to be as educated as possible. But when I read i.e that an ex high ranking staff with the FDA is calling for LASIK to be permanently banned it leaves me uneasy
I haven't heard that. That's strange.

I didn't hear anything about the FDA really trying to take LASIK down.

But I'm forever on the fence about this. I've heard a good share of positive stories, yet the negative ones.....they're really negative. In my mind it feels like a gamble, a complete hit or miss. Dare I say I'd wait yet another 5-10 years to get a firmer impression.

My eyes....like damn my astigmatism will likely only get worse. Surgery could fix it, or make it more worse.:(

I wear glasses from the age of 12 but iam chicken brave to pull the trigger on a eye surgery. i most propably will die with my glasses and my contacts:(

Here is a glimpse into the former chief of the FDA' s work to withdraw LASIK.

http://helpstoplasik.com/

When I clicked on that link, my network security blocked it, saying the page contained the malware virus JS/Agent.a.

virus.png

Back