• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lazy?

Vince

Oakley Beginner
Oklahoma
Anyone feel like Oakley is running out of ideas? Plaintiff squared which looks similar to the deviation & offshoot which is a shield big taco? However I am digging the chrome/+red plaintiff squared...

They just aren't trying anything new. Everything looks the same and is very similar to a lot of other company's styles. As far as I am concerned they hit their peak around 1999-2003 with the X-metal line, Splice etc. Most of what has come out since (with a few exceptions e.g. Pit Boss) have just been rehashes of the same old thing; or completely terrible. I love my batwolfs and oil rigs; but I have to admit that I am getting tired of seeing a million variations of the gascan; which seem to be the style that every sunglasses maker is basing their designs off of these days. Here's to hoping that the new x-metal line rumors are true. If not I will be happy collecting x-metals and other older models and probably will stop buying anything new from Oakley until they get their act together.

the chrome +red looks pretty sweet, but i agree that the style in general looks a little too much like the deviation, although I do like the thicker temples. I need to try a pair on to fully judge I suppose.

the chrome +red looks pretty sweet, but i agree that the style in general looks a little too much like the deviation, although I do like the thicker temples. I need to try a pair on to fully judge I suppose.

I work there so I see them a lot. I love my light/black irid. Polar deviations tho.

People have been saying this for awhile now but honestly who is coming out with anything more innovative than Oakley? And where Oakley lacks in eyewear innovation they have made up for in other areas such as backpacks, watches and goggles.

You have to remember, this country hasnt been doing so hot for the past ten years economically, so its hard for companies to be bold when they have shareholders and employees to worry about. With that said, they have been pretty good about changing things up a bit.

Corporate definintely has a lot of influence. Think OO-era. If Oakley still has the same soul, their skunkworks dept. is coming up with crazy prototypical **** that just makes them laugh and think, "Jim would love this."

Back