• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Leather Mars

Hello! This is my first post. I just picked up a pair of Leather Mars. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get new lenses, bushings and clips? Thank you
Don't forget - we love pics on oakleyforum.com...!

I second the notion pics. There are members that can do oem custom cut lenses in regards to the rubbers Juliet rubbers fits them stick with oem rubbers since it's a Jordan mars and not a custom
Pair.

Based on a post from InfiniteHero who's had them tested, quality-wise they're very close. If I were to use aftermarket lenses, I would use LG.

And I find LG rubbers acceptable aftermarket alternatives, have a number of them. Screws and clips, even better than OEM.

But I will not use aftermarket lenses. The lenses are the most important part of the Oakley Experience, even more so that the frames and the styling; through them you view the world. Put in something else and you're replacing the essence of your shades with something that isn't Oakley.

Which is one of the reasons that aftermarkets devalue your Oaks.

But, whatever floats your boat...
I have similar thoughts but I remove the OEM lenses and put in high quality aftermarket (only Linegear now) to protect and save the original lenses in my daily beater. All my display pairs have OEM or OEM custom cuts. I wear all of my glasses but the beaters take the daily abuse, lol. That way I can always put the original scratch free lenses back into the frames if I ever wanted to sell it and the Linegear lenses take all the abuse. But I can definitely see it from Kronin's point of view as well.

Latest Posts

Back