1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

I know there are a few threads on this so I want to start a new one so everyone sees it...this cube was just listed on eBay with LED lighting...pretty cool......

LED Lighting For Oakley Displays..... - KGrHqJpQE7BcvTbrBPCkdw5cw60_12.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Yup, got LEDs on my tanks, working on a couple case LED lighting projects in my head.

3. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

Here is a fellow board member's case with LED light strips from Ikea...JayMann

Last edited by a moderator: 5/26/14
  4. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Very nice. I was going to do that but I decided not to as it would have been a lot more wires in my detolf

5. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

The LED kits from IKEA kick ass! Thanks JayMann:cool:

LED Lighting For Oakley Displays..... - DSC03107.jpg

6. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Can I get some insight to the "IKEA" installation? Are there alot of cords to hide and how do the light strips attach? I get my 6' Single Wide tomorrow and plan on doing the same......

7. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

The installation was a piece of cake. They come with some adhesive strips that I did not use as the LED strips fit nicely between the frame of the case and the shelves. I did drill a hole on each side of the top of the cabinet to run the thin wire up thru. There is one cord that has an on/off switch that plugs into the wall.

As I am typing this...it seems more complicated than it really was. I can take some more detailed pics of it tomorrow if you need them.