• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LED Replacement Bulb For Older Doublewides

the_owl

hard to kidnap
U.S.
Im looking for an alternative LED replacement bulb for my older doublewide, and maybe my singlewide.
This is the bulb. Any BRIGHT LED options?
thanks
IMG_20130910_092357_772.jpg

Does anyone know the temp of the 98-131 LED kit for the mega towers? I bought some 5000k bulbs today and they just dont look as good as the mega kit
Oakster?

Is that a halogen bulb in the picture? I found these LED version on eBay. its called E27 LED bulb.
uny7udeh.jpg

2for $12 shipped from China and it seems to works well as it spits out the whitest/coolest lighting that no halogen or cfl can.

Like many of you, my monochrome display is only able to hold two bulbs. This means the lighting maybe insufficient. The LEDs being bright and white helps out a lot but the problem is
they are not wide angled as I would love them to be. As you can see in the picture below, the ray of light is more focused. So, alternatively, I found these longer version and its called E27 par20.
veduvade.jpg

It has a longer body stem so it's suppose to help out with a wider angle of lighting.
emudu5e5.jpg

The par20 is to my left and the reg E27 to my right. Notice the left side is getting a little tiny bit more light.

Here are the specs and I couldn't see any temp rating:
3utasa5e.jpg

What type of socket u using? I have a plate on top of my tower so between this plate and the hole opening I only have 4" total. No wise cracks about the 4" please:)

I ended up doing the 3000k 9w bulbs from Lowes.
Im still torn because its not as white as the light on my Mega tower, but its a nice even pattern. If I could find a 4000k buld I would be happy. Its also one super LED, not three.

Well, this may sound odd... I had halogen bulbs in my doublewide and was going to go LED for more light. But, I wanted more over all light in the case and not a straight beam of light. So, for Ha..Ha's I had a long tube flurescent light housing off a fish tank top that fit perfect on the top of the case. The flurescent bulb gave me more over all light in the case....with a nice cool blue color. Looks NICE!

Latest Posts

Back