• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LED wiring

Jaws12r

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi Guys, I just got a counter top and cube display and planning to add some LEDs to it.
So I just would like to ask how do you guys "hide" the wirings and do u have to cut the Plexiglass for the wirings to go through cause I can't see any Gaps where I would be able to run the wirings out to the power point.
Would love to see any pictures of the wiring setup that you guys have done. Cheers !

Actually no need to cut plexi but some disassembly/reassembly to run the power wire up through one of the 4 corner "beams" of the cube.
I'll shoot some pics when I get home in a few. Much easier than you might think...

Actually no need to cut plexi but some disassembly/reassembly to run the power wire up through one of the 4 corner "beams" of the cube.
I'll shoot some pics when I get home in a few. Much easier than you might think...
Thanks Carguy, looking forward to the pictures ... So how's the kitchen going?

Kitchen is bitchin, thanks!
For my install I used an Ikea Dioder LED kit.
DIODER LED 4-piece light strip set - IKEA
I mounted the driver box and distribution boxes to the bottom of the display.
20141214_003421.jpg

After unbolting the right front support I notched the base on the front of the "L" and passed the LED wire through it, up middle of the support and up to the top:

20141214_003440.jpg

20141214_003158.jpg

Up to the top of the inside of the cube where the dioder LED starts on the right side and across to the left one run facing downward and circles back to the right facing rearward:
20141214_003216.jpg

20141214_003240.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the detailed pictures. Really appreciate it. Will post some pictures once i get back from my ikea trip lolz.
Thanks again Carguy.

I also used Dioder but ran from the top down. I drilled a couple of hidden holes in the top just big enough to pass them through then ran them along the sides as far front as I could get. It was the perfect friction fit between the plexi side panels and shelves.

Back