• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LEFT LENS QUESTION

R

redphoenix

I've owned a Juliet (plasma frames, fire-iridium lenses), no serial number, complete with box, soft bag, and coin, back in 2001.

On the left lens, along the bottom, was the word X-METAL engraved (on the outer-edge of the lens).

I've been searching various sites for a new pair of X-Metals, many listings state "original lenses".

Yet they bear no X-METAL engraving.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure they're Juliets? Romeos aka R1s were released in '97 and had the "x-metal" lens etching. Juliets were not released until '99 and I've never seen one with "x-metal" etching.

Nah, sorry 'bout the date...I purchased them in 2001, they WERE Juliet....wish I could find a pic. They had the X-METAL inscription where Oakley now places the POLORIZED inscription.
On another note, what is the difference between Juliet with curved legs
s-l1600.jpg

and those with "spider-legs" (as I call them):
s-l1600.jpg

Thanks!

BTW, My Jules looked EXACTLY like the Fire Iridium model in the above photo (and honest to goodness it had the X-METAL inscription)

Nah, sorry 'bout the date...I purchased them in 2001, they WERE Juliet....wish I could find a pic. They had the X-METAL inscription where Oakley now places the POLORIZED inscription.
On another note, what is the difference between Juliet with curved legs
View attachment 273832

and those with "spider-legs" (as I call them):
View attachment 273833

Thanks!

Spider legs? I like that... I think I'll use that from now on. I believe they are called "hammerstems".

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is what you have
384945d664105c0e924c4547411a97fc.jpg

can't see the x metal etching in this photo but here's a pair with a close up of the etching on another pair

f63d27b77e2175f3dc4b9919c8eef1df.jpg

no worries if you prove me wrong - i would love to see some juliets with the x metal etching...!

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

...and welcome to the forum!!

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk