• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LEFT LENS QUESTION

no serial; x-metal etching? gonna have to say it - pics or it didn't happen!!!

i take it you don't have them any more?

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Yeah, Yeah, I know, pics, or it didn't happen (like Christ's ressurection). Being a Oakley noob in 2001, every gal, guy, and their red-headed step-child were buying the oh-so commonplace white framed Straight Jacket.

Myself, being a son of my father, had to have the best. I paid $350 for them on eBay, with box, coin, papes, etc. And NO word of a lie, they had the X-METAL inscription on the lower left lens. I highly doubt Romeo lens could be custom-cut to fit Juliets, so I guess I just got lucky, as I've been told...well, not so lucky, as they've been liberated of this earthly realm in an unfortunate accident :(

DI'd you throw them away after the accident? There are some talented people in this forum who have brought some x-metals back from the dead. Also, yes Romeo lenses can be cut for Juliet, but that would be a very stupid thing to do.
Yeah, they were WROTE-OFF (biking accident). Hence my original reason for being on this forum. On another thought, I found the Juliets sat too "big" on my face, not "wrap-around" enough, like say, the Romeos, or even the Pennys may.

Is there anywhere in this forum (or elsewhere) I can see how my big three (Romeo, Juliet, Penny) fit on a control individual's face?

I bet you they could have been saved. We've seen some fixed after being torn to pieces. Do a search and you will probably find something regarding fit. I really don't understand how the Juliets sat too big on your face but the Romeo didn't, considering that Romeos are noticeably larger than Juliets

I suppose I'll have to own a pair of each (someday), and find out for myself :rolleyes:

I have seen hundreds of pairs of Juliets and have never seen such etching. There are also low quality fakes, and higher quality fakes, the only reason why I mention this is the fact you mentioned Ebay. We see posts all the time regarding fakes sold as the real deal on Ebay. I only buy shades here and have never over paid and never had a fake, it's not tolerated here. We can argue all day about what they may have been and never come to a agreement. As for which ones fit you better and look right on your mug only you can answer this and since you can't walk into a Oakley store and try them on any longer, your next option is to purchase them and decide for yourself. If you buy right and you don't like the fit you should be able to get your money out of them, or at least close to it. GOOD LUCK.
NCH