1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oakley Beginner

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

sweet old froggies . . .

3. jumpman23

they are really sick, only problem is the lenses are scratched up pretty bad. i read somewhere online that you can send oakley your sunglasses and they will replace them for you. you think i could do that with these or is that only for recent sunglasses that have a warranty? i know i would obviously have to pay for the new lenses

4. Oakleynerd

with such an old model i´m not sure what they would make . . .
    i would not send it to Oakley, could be, that you will get a replacement pair!
    just call them if the have any lenses for that model.

5. jumpman23

do you know the model number for these or any info about them? they didn't come with the box and, as you know, the older frogskins don't have the model number on them.

6. Oakleynerd

i would say, if i see it right in the auction, it´s an frogskins 2nd generation royal blue frame and orange iridium lenses. . .
    the lenses are pretty rare as well! released 1990, sku# should be something like 03-0
    it´s should be good enough, if you call oakley and let them know 2nd generation frogs!

7. jumpman23

thanks for all the help, oakleynerd! unfortunately oakley doesn't have the orange iridium lenses in stock anymore. if you know of anywhere/one that might have them please let me know!

8. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

orange iridium is the old fire iridium, but even fire is hard to come by these days!

9. jumpman23

could i look for the newer fire lenses or do they not fit in the 2nd gen frame?

10. jumpman23

can you even replace the lenses in the 2nd generation frogskins? i tried taking the lenses out and they didn't seem to budge