• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Legit or not?Please help.

I am going to say NO - they are not original, at least not in a legit OEM way - original fakes?

To start this is not a stock colorway - OO6011-05 would have come with a VR28Blk polar lens, so there is one red flag as it is certainly not "Original and unused just, that is why the reason for the sale." A rough translation, but inaccurate at best, more likely intentionally deceptive.

The etching/font and the location of the same is red flag #2.

Even if it is a legit frame, and some of the milling/finish makes me wonder, red flag #3.

So here is where we walk away, maybe reporting them on our way out...?

I am guessing we would not be happy with what we see on the tips of the earstems and behind the nose, but we're already up to 3 red flags so no need.

Even if it was legit it is not a good deal at that price. As long as you were not the high bidder you didn't lose much. If you were/did, well, I'm sure the Seller thanks you for playing.

For future reference:

There's also an ongoing thread dedicated to 'fakes' @
Official Fakes/Possible Fakes Inquiry Thread (ARE THESE FAKE? POST FAKES HERE) | Page 330 | Oakley Forum

and some specific to X-Metals @
Oakley X-Metal Authenticity Checklist | Oakley Forum

Edit: I shouldn't be trying to verify frames after working all night...

Zzzzzzzzz

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say a fake due to the finish alone. It is very rough behind the temple rubber.

Definite fake! I saw them too. It was the lens colour that made me check. Seen these for sale on a dodgy site somewhere.

Interesting that there are no photos of the nose bridge screws, I bet they are not hex. Also the ends of the ear stems will probably give it away.

As I understand it the temple shocks (rubber inserts for ear stems) are normally solid with numbering, these seem hollowed out.

Back