• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Advice

I'm not sure what surgery he had, cataract, lasek, etc, but in my experience, optometrists almost always recommend polarized lenses on patients post eye surgery.

Gold Iridium polarized would be my personal choice as it maintains a the natural color more than VR28 BIP, which makes everything more reddish/brown. However, both are excellent versatile lenses. I would opt to get him polarized first, and if he doesn't like them, exchange them for non polarized.

acually, if going with polarized lenses the gold iridium polarised would be ideal over the vr28 black iridium polarised since its not as dark. gold has a lighter base tint and is still very soothing to the eye. however gold iridium polarised isnt as widely available as vr28 black iridium. but still good call..

oh imo the vr28 black has a more true color representation than the gold though. although a contrast lens, vr28 black still keeps colors in balance, gold tends to wash slightly with yellow and boost greens really high, but a favourite nonetheless

Back