1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

I haven't been able to search out an answer to this, and ask The Collective for kind input:
    I know enough not to use ammonia based lens cleaning solutions on Plutonite, but I don't have easy access to Oakley proprietary solution. Is there anything else available until I can acquire Oakley's own?
    Secondly, is the expense of Oakley's Hydrophobic solution worthwhile as a protectant?
    Are there any "homemade" recipes worthy, for either cleaning or protection?
    Thanks for your expertise!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. 100Plus

100Plus Oakley Beginner

look at the sticky thread at sunglass discussion

3. gene

gene Oakley Enthusiast

If you don't have access to this cleaning solution, mild hand soap and warm water is ok to use. Hydrophobic solution will protect your lens from finger prints and sweat. It also makes cleaning your lens easier. I don't think experimenting with homemade recipes is a good idea except for the mild soap that I mentioned. Click link below for more info

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/how-to-properly-clean-your-oakley-glasses.533/

4. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

+1. Water with a mild soap works great for cleaning. Sometimes even better than Oakley lens cleaner. Just be sure it's a mild soap, without any abrasives.

5. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Please use the search function, there is a stickied thread specifically about cleaning your glasses.

6. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

Saw that.
    Didn't address my specific questions.
    Thanks to all for the help!

7. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Next time you can post your question in the thread that talks about it if you have a particular question.

Thanks!