1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. sybiria

sybiria Oakley Beginner

Has anyone worked with split/wind jackets lately? Does anyone know what donor lenses I can use which are in the new line of Oakley, i.e not big taco? Ideally I would like to find prizm's for donors

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sure once you meet our exchange requirements @Chris A Hardaway will be glad to help you out

sybiria likes this.
  3. sybiria

sybiria Oakley Beginner

@OakleyFrankFMJ Thanks for the welcome and the insight
    If you need anything from me, i will gladly help out
    As for the splits there is not alot of info for them and unfortunately they have been discontinued (as you all know), so im hunting down solutions :crazy:

4. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

there aren't many even available to work with. Taco was king, but since disco'd and very hard to find

QLR1 likes this.
  5. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

@sybiria
    The problem is that in addition to its own popularity, split jacket lenses are also a good donor for X-Metal custom cuts. You can still find them once in a while here on the forum (after you earn access to the exchange or purchase a premium membership). However, thanks to a low supply and high demand, they aren't cheap.

As for donors for non-OEM colors, I don't know of anything that would work off the top of my head, particularly if you are looking for Prizm. As mentioned before, Big Taco is probably a good candidate but is hard to find and not cheap. I just got a bunch of my donors cut for XX so I can't really do any checking for you at this time.

6. sybiria

sybiria Oakley Beginner

@Kuztomized i dont mean prizm aftermarket (which they dont offer for the splits, there are a few prizms but for juliets etc). I ment for the prizm line that is offered by oakley now. The lens i am eyballing in particular is "prizm salt water polarized"
    I think half and flak are too small
    I how about the radars? Or is the conture off?
    These are the candidates:
    Oakley Sunglass Replacement Lenses Eyewear Accessories| Oakley

@dr.chop you are a legend :) pity u do not cut anymore!

Last edited: 4/19/16
    dr.chop likes this.
  7. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

thank you for that...quality slipped and was costing too much for lens failures...plus makes a huge mess and makes painting in the same area more difficult

8. sybiria

sybiria Oakley Beginner

@dr.chop Some of the biggest collectors prize you creations and repairs! Kudos! Even if you dont chop no more your paint is still sick especially cerakote
    You rock!

dr.chop likes this.
  9. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

I am humbled..very glad everyone is liking things coming out...it is a passion, and I try to do the best I can always.

flyer, sybiria and Kuztomized like this.
  10. sybiria

sybiria Oakley Beginner