• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Delamination

The only lens that has delaminated for me was on my older radars. It may have been caused by wearing them in the pool and at the beach :/

So....I have a pair of fast jackets and just noticed that I'm getting delam from sitting in its array vault.Does anyone else get this.I think it has something to do with the lenses sitting in those slots in my vault

Yep - a fair pairs BNIB have delaminated purely by being on display :(

I don't use any chemical products at all ever and never have, so something else is the cause. ????? Very disappointing

My experiences with this problems when i first bought a Polarized one. Before that the iridium ones never had that problem. ... Thanks to the Great warranty department at the UK all my examples were refunded with a new one! Even my Jupiter is exchanged after four years of use. I hope the Prizm lens is not having this problem...

My experiences with this problems when i first bought a Polarized one. Before that the iridium ones never had that problem. ... Thanks to the Great warranty department at the UK all my examples were refunded with a new one! Even my Jupiter is exchanged after four years of use. I hope the Prizm lens is not having this problem...

I think it really depends on who you get at CS. Some are great others not so much.

I've experoenced two pairs that I can recall(hopefully that's all). A pair of Carbon Straight Jackets(my very first pair of O's ) which had delaminated on the inside first, in the top inners corners, then later on the outside, around about the same areas. These ones I'd worn to the beach, so sun bloc may well be the main reason. This was in 2000, so I was ignorant and using my shades........to protect my eyes from the solar assaut.
The second pair were my Polished Black / Ruby Fates, which as you guys may recall happened when I grouped my Red, Ruby and OO's all together for the group shot. The delamination was evident on the inside when I bought them(they weren't new but looked such an awsome Ruby, so I kept them and just ignored the inside. Then later on, when takimg them out of the box, I noticed some detreitus on the front right lens, so went to clean it, when bugger me, a chunk of irridium came off.

I have had a few pairs which have been taken good care of delaminate also , but also have pair of Eye patch 2s with around 4 year old Revant polarized lenses which have served day to day duty as well as maybe 6 overseas beach holidays for approx 3-4 weeks each trip - would no doubt had some sunscreen & whatever else on them - no problems , virtually as new - I know the purists cringe at using aftermarket lenses , but when the genuine lenses regularly delaminate then I will continue to use the Revants , have about 6 pairs of their lenses , no problems, good fit & clarity .

Back