• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Etching

Certainly not trying to OUT him, can't say that he was still doing lenses because this thread is so old.
I think that it's great that him is still around. I'll send him another email.

Thanks k you for the information.

I would imagine. Being that there are few that do this, I could see him staying busy even without having equipment go down.
I look forward to having him do some projects for me.

Thanks

Yes,

I was able to get lenses done by Mr. Junk.

It did take a little while, but it is well worth the wait.

Go into this with patience. Ed gets tied up with his full time job and life, just like we do.

Be sure to post pics when you get them.

I would imagine. Being that there are few that do this, I could see him staying busy even without having equipment go down.
Thanks
Yeah you might think that but from my experiences with other folks that offer custom services as they relate to things like anodizing or plating or even parts like screws, the reality appears to be that there is a very limited demand for this stuff. Not enough to support full time dedication so you're left with your "spare" time after your day job.
Then you've got the demands of family as well as the demands of other interests/ hobbies chewing up bandwidth while folks ask you to do projects for them, wanting a high level of customer service through frequent updates, wanting tracking the next day, the project didn't turn out quite as expected, etc.
When WE want something done we think "I can imagine lots of people want this too" when the reality appears to be that its just a little bit of activity in these custom services so patience is key.

Back