• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens help

dl33t3d

Oakley Enthusiast
Oklahoma
As some of you know I just picked up my first pair of Oakley Pennys and I will use these to drive ALOT. They come with the VR28 lenses but I was thinking about having a custom set made. My indecisive self cannot decide between two for everyday driving.

From what I see the best two are 00 Red Iridium Polarized and Prizm Road. Since I do not have any experience with these lenses I thought maybe someone here had some insight.

Thanks in advance,
dl33t3d

Prism road is the OO Red Polar with a little contrast put into it. They are what you want if you want that color. My suggestion is get the Prizm Outfield Baseball set. They are Rose colored and will be the new go to lens for Penny frames to mimic the Black Hawk Down look.

when I go to get my prescription lenses tomorrow there is an Oakley store nearby. I think I may have to pop in and try on some prizms

Kronin you are a wealth of useful info. That post pretty much nails that discussion shut. Absolutely amazing the difference.

If you didn't already, please make sure you read all the posts following those pics - the pics alone don't tell the whole story.

So I read a little further. are the prizm lenses not polarized?

Ninja edit: to explain a little further I justified finally getting a pair because my new job requires a commute which will be 2 hours a day into the sun both ways

The prizm road, as well as the prizm trail, prizm golf, prizm infield baseball, and prizm outfield baseball, are all not polarized. If you don't normally use polar lenses, that shouldn't matter to you.

The only sunglass prizm so far that's polarized is the prizm daily. I tried them on in the store but haven't had the chance to wear some outside in the sun. Yet. I expect it's about the same as road, though, only a little darker.

The prizm daily apparently doesn't have any iridium, which shouldn't make any real difference to the wearing experience but may let others see your eyes, if that matters to you.

But if by "into the sun" you mean direct sunlight right in your eyes, as in you can see the sun itself, that's gonna be hard for any lens to handle. But I'd be more likely to go with BIP or Ice polar for that.

If you really want to drink the cool-aid you'll build a NSW collection with a variety of lenses for various, mostly-unique uses and just pick the right pair for the circumstances... ;)

Latest Posts

Back