• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens markings

i650

Oakley Beginner
Hello,
I bought a pair of O Frame MX goggles as according to the specs the lens conforms to EN 1938 which would make them road legal here in the UK. The lens suppled has no markings to confirm the EN 1938 compliance. Do Oakley not stamp their lenses or have I been sent a non compliant lens?
Thanks and best wishes,
i650

Hello,
I bought a pair of O Frame MX goggles as according to the specs the lens conforms to EN 1938 which would make them road legal here in the UK. The lens suppled has no markings to confirm the EN 1938 compliance. Do Oakley not stamp their lenses or have I been sent a non compliant lens?
Thanks and best wishes,
i650

It's quite possible the lens is not in intended for on road use, the MX is a motocross goggle (off road use). Maybe try and email Oakley Customer Service for an answer.

It's quite possible the lens is not in intended for on road use, the MX is a motocross goggle (off road use). Maybe try and email Oakley Customer Service for an answer.
Thanks,
I got this from Oakley Customer Care Europe:
We can confirm that the O-Frame MX Goggle that you have conforms to the EN 1938 Road Compliance. We can also confirm that OAKLEY do not stamp their lenses, as all this relevant information will be supplied / featured in the packaging, instruction manual and any other documentation that has been supplied by OAKLEY INC,USA- where the goggle has been manufactured.

Best wishes,
i650

Latest Posts

Back