1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. tweak4

tweak4 Oakley Beginner

Is there a good way to polish out or otherwise remove scratches from lenses?
    Months ago, my trusty Flak Jackets fell backwards off my head and landed lens down on the sidewalk. I've since replaced them the scratched lenses, but kept the old ones. Now that I've discovered the wealth of information on this forum, I'm wondering if there might be a reliable way to salvage them.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

best method is simple:
    1. Go to an O Store or dealer
    2. Bust out your wallet
    3. whip that cash out fast
    4. watch how shiny the lenses are when done
    That's humor, but in all honesty, the truth. They will not be optically clear if you use an abrasive to polish them. Plus, it will eat off the coatings. Some have done make shift polish jobs on shelf pieces, but nothing worth looking through. If you need Flak lenses, I have a couple pair I will let go cheap

i am rich likes this.
  3. RyanCF

RyanCF Oakley Beginner

Keep the old lenses, use them as beater lenses while doing yard work or something. A pair of my Half Jackets recently took a swim in Lake Erie, I now have a pair of BIP beater lenses.

4. tweak4

tweak4 Oakley Beginner

That's actually what I did. But in looking through a drawer today, I came across the ones that I replaced, which is what got me wondering whether or not they could be salvaged. Of course, depending on what lenses you've got and how cheap you're talking, I may still be interested in picking up a spare set.

BTW- any luck with those Straight Jacket icons you were going to look for? (yeah, I'm that guy from Facebook)