1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

  1. pupusasrock

    pupusasrock Oakley Enthusiast

    Messages:
    196
    Trophy Points:
    113
    I have a pair of lenses that were in a set of Gen 1 Juliets and I just took them out and moved them to a pair of Polished frames. They are much looser in the polished frames so much so that both rattle when you move the glasses. Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated. Not sure what I can wedge in to keep them still.
     
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

    Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

    xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

    Messages:
    5,404
    Trophy Points:
    1,243
    I had the same problem with a frame also. I used a very thin piece of 3m double side tape I put it into the orbital channel first then reinstalled the lens. Some tapes have different thicknesses so you will need to gauge on which one works best.
     
  3. THE X-MAN

    THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

    Messages:
    4,402
    Trophy Points:
    723
    yep,thin strip of electrical tape in the channel,put the lens in the taped side first then push the remainder of the lens.sometimes tou may have to double up the shim.dont use glues or silicones.
     
  4. MJLSr

    MJLSr Oakley Expert

    Messages:
    1,678
    Trophy Points:
    743
    A sliver of electrical heat shrink tubing might work. It has some grip/tack to it with no sticky mess and you can color coordinate - I'm joking about the last part, though that could be aesthetically pleasing.

    Other tape option might be double sided clear tape (less noticeable and it comes off pretty easy) or rubber tape in situations where there is excessive play.

    Good Luck!
     
  5. pupusasrock

    pupusasrock Oakley Enthusiast

    Messages:
    196
    Trophy Points:
    113
    I just wanted to give an update for anyone else who might have this problem. I tried some different tapes, but I was never happy with the result. Despite the fact that the X-Man mentioned not using glue, I decided to try a hot glue gun. Hot glue normally peels off really easily, AND flexes some, so I thought if I messed it up I could just peel it off with no residue.

    I had to try it a few times, but I basically put a small amount of glue in the bottom channel of the orbital and used a toothpick to smooth it out. After it was dry it was easy to peel away any that was outside of the channel. After putting the lenses back in, they were snug and it worked perfectly. Maybe not a solution for everyone, but it worked great for me!