• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lense are not 100% consistent that's for sure

Ooo, I see Maritime is available already but only on SI. In Valve, Chainlink and Fives Squared atm.

Hmmm. That's a bit disappointing. Was hoping for a really intense red but that looks about the same iridium-wise as Baseball Outfield. Also what's happened to naming Prizm lenses after their suggested application? Ironically, given I don't wear most of my Prizms for the intended application, I did like that as a concept and it was a strong message for the general public. Maybe it was too specific. Maybe these are for Klan marches. Maybe the problem started when they couldn't decide what to call the H2O Prizms consistently.

At the moment these aren't a must have for me. I might change my mind when I see some but until then I'm hoping for more from Maritime Prizm.

although still inconsistent with their gemstone naming, this is not a prizm lens.

Interesting. Torch in the goggles is a Prizm lens, so I had assumed it would be in the glasses too.
hmmm, yeah, they did not label it as that at the store I could be wrong but if we know anything about oakley, they like to heavily market their tech.

hmmm, yeah, they did not label it as that at the store I could be wrong but if we know anything about oakley, they like to heavily market their tech.
Having had a poke around, it does seem to be non-Prizm. Oh well, won't be the first time Oakley had a mixed marketing message!

I am enjoying the Prizm range, so I was looking forward to another lens - oh well, guess I'll have to look to Maritime when they release replacement lenses for that...

Are the Maritime supposed to be different than the other new H2O prizms? They look like shallow H2O...
Yes. While the iridium looks similar to H2O Shallow, the base is different - they are touted as an equivalent to Daily Prizm for those on or near the water.

Ooo, I see Maritime is available already but only on SI. In Valve, Chainlink and Fives Squared atm.

Too bad I'm out of the army and don't qualify for SI anymore... The Five Squared looks mighty tempting.

Considering a Juliet cut later when suitable lenses come out :cool:

Latest Posts

Back