1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Gerry

Gerry Oakley Beginner

A couple of questions re X SQUARED Polished Carbon/Black Iridium 006011-06

My lenses are badly scratched - so if I order replacements, is it easy enough to take out the damaged ones and fit the new? - is there a correct method to doing this?

Also, can I replace the Polished Carbon/Black Iridium with a Polarised type?

Thanks in advance.

Gerry

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Very easy. You need a t-6 torx screw driver. Loosen the screw in the lens orbital. Remove screw and gasket place in safe area so it doesn't get eaten by mean carpets. Lens comes out through front of frame. Match up lens to new one making sure its correct side. Install lens into front of frame making sure it fits into orbital groove. Once installed insert gasket with notched side towards lens, pinch orbital closed reinsert screw and snug down with t-6.

3. Gerry

Gerry Oakley Beginner

Many thanks for the very swift response and for the method in how to replace the lenses.
    Would you know if can I replace the Polished Carbon/Black Iridium with a Polarised type??

4. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yes you can

5. Gerry

Gerry Oakley Beginner

Thanks again xmetalmaniac

6. JetIntakePort

JetIntakePort Oakley Beginner

OO6011-06 XS is already supposed to have Black Iridium Polarized lenses in it... unless you have the OO6011-01 which is non-polarized. Either way, yes as xmetalmaniac said, all XS lenses are interchangeable :)

7. Gerry

Gerry Oakley Beginner

understood.
    Thanks JetIntakePort,