• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses and cross-country skiing

marikr

Oakley Beginner
I would like some suggestions for sunglasses that I can use while cross-country skiing, and which I could use for all-round activities as well. Could someone explain to the difference kind of colours on the lenses?

Agree with @Broccoli. Really any of the prizm snow lenses would be good options. Prizm snow black is the darkest lens Oakley makes, and there are a bunch of different lens colors and tint darknesses depending on how much light there is where you are skiing.

So the prizm snow lenses is that for cross country skiing as well? I just found it as googles for snowboarding and downhill skiing.

IMG_3766.png
So the prizm snow lenses is that for cross country skiing as well? I just found it as googles for snowboarding and downhill skiing.
IMG_3763.png
IMG_3764.png
IMG_3765.png

Should I go with polarized or not?
Depends if you are going to see a lot of varying terrain with dips and shadows from trees or not? If it's flat open trails with little chance of drastic changes or surrounding terrain then polarized would be a good choice. If you are going to incur a decent amount of shadows and canopy, non polarized.

Back