• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses for driving

Do you have both already or do you need comparison pics?
I have the road, but if I trade my white racing jackets with them in I need to either find another set of PRIZM road lenses or possible pic up the oo rip which I used before. I like both, but today was the first day the sun had really been out in buffalo since I got the road prizms. The glare of the window of my minivan was horrid with the prizms.

I have the road, but if I trade my white racing jackets with them in I need to either find another set of PRIZM road lenses or possible pic up the oo rip which I used before. I like both, but today was the first day the sun had really been out in buffalo since I got the road prizms. The glare of the window of my minivan was horrid with the prizms.

Well, FWIW, there's these comparison pics...
Oakley's new Prizm Lens Line

You also might want to consider Prizm Daily polar. The tint is similar to Road only not quite as rich, but also better suited for brighter light (lower trans %) and polarized.

I would do the daily prizms if they came in the racing jacket frame. I have three racing jacket frames, that is why I am trading the white one. Plus I realized today how horrid I look on white frames.

White frames are sport only imho. :p Maybe @Chris A Hardaway can cut you some Daily prizms? I always go for polarized when driving a car due to reflections from the windshield. Prizm road looks great for cycling though...

I'm not a huge fan of the "tint" looking through the road prizm lens. I vote a medium darkness polarized lens for driving. Something not so dark you can wear when its overcast / raining but dark enough for sunny days.

Back