• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses for driving

I've got a pair of flak 2.0 with the prizm road lenses and really like them. They seem to do their job rather well.

Well I've been using the TR22 Det Cord at least for day driving, it does bring out the colors of the road and other elements of light. My intention was to try one of these lenses ( Radar Range TR45 ) as a versatile patrol set of glasses between over-cast/night and day time scenarios.

Its interesting that each particular prizim set has a supposed use for the activity in mind.

Has anyone yet to have made a comparison between these sets to see if one is really just for driving while the other one is better for trails? What is the difference?

Thank you sir for that --- it would appear there is more usage in my opinion with the Prizm Road. I think I'll just get a main frame and have it handy for a quick lens switch. Probably an EV Path would do.

They should make a Prizm for driving! That would be great.
Assuming you are driving on the road, then Prizm Roads are aptly named.

To answer the original question, I can't see anybody asking what vehicle you want to wear them in. I have 2 cars: one with a solid roof & a convertible. I find different lenses are suitable for each.

I use a pair of grey lenses in the daily car because the solid roof cuts out a lot of ambient light from above.
The soft-top is another matter entirely. It is so much brighter with the roof down that I find my OO Red Polars more suitable.

I also do a lot of cycling on a road bike. This is slightly different from driving the convertible because my rising position tilts my head downwards & my crash helmet also blocks off a lot of light from above. I find Prizm Road good for this because they are a little milder & clearer than my OO Red Polars but with a similar base tint.

After a few seconds wearing my Road Prizms or my OO Red Polars, my eyes adjust & the color looks fine. Everything looks like it has a washed out yellow/green tint as soon as I remove them.

Back