• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses For Golf And Outdoor Sports (Straight Jacket)?

shinjiplus

Oakley Beginner
SF Bay Area
Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on some lenses. I bought some Grey Smoke/Black Iridium Straight Jackets ("New Straight Jacket II" according to o-review) for sports, but I find that they are often too dark for me to wear especially when out attempting to play golf. I know there's G30 and G26 but I'd like to be able to use the glasses when I go out to do other sports.

Any recommendations on lenses that you use for outdoors?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on some lenses. I bought some Grey Smoke/Black Iridium Straight Jackets ("New Straight Jacket II" according to o-review) for sports, but I find that they are often too dark for me to wear especially when out attempting to play golf. I know there's G30 and G26 but I'd like to be able to use the glasses when I go out to do other sports.

Any recommendations on lenses that you use for outdoors?

Thanks!

G26 is a target shooting specific lens, and is not really good for anything else. G30 and VR28 are excellent choices for outdoor activities that are not generally performed in direct, bright sunlight. These lenses excel in partly to mostly cloudy days, and heavily forested settings. I believe G30 is a little better suited to greener environments where the VR28 handles the more wooded (tan/brown colored) settings a little better. That's what i've heard at least. I can say my VR28 is perfect for my MTB rides, but I don't own a G30 lens so I can't give first hand reviews. For clear sky, sunny days, you will want to stick with the 9-12% grey base lenses, polarized if you will be on or near large bodies of water.

Gold iridium or bronze is an all around good lens for every day use. And like Raven said, VR28 is also a great outdoor lens.

Back