• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses for trekking

I thoroughly enjoy DP ... It's not 'the best' but it's an awesome ALL around lens that when matched with the Flak 2.0, feels like I'm wearing nothing at all...

df46f203a9b2699891d91b83d0ae5c40.jpg

Nothing at all... Nothing at all ... Nothing at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been wanting to try one, but my desired frame never goes on sale. Ugh.

Sent from Q's Note5

Which?

Did you not just get a 'Breaka?

Yes, but I rarely pay retail. I want the Woodgrain Holbrook with the Prizm... I overlooked it during the F&F.

Sent from Q's Note5

Yes I would go with VR28BIP or Prizm Daily for all-around lenses. There are some other options (such as oo red polar and some other prizms) but with your sensitivity level I'm leaning towards the ones that handle full sun better.

I thoroughly enjoy DP ... It's not 'the best' but it's an awesome ALL around lens that when matched with the Flak 2.0, feels like I'm wearing nothing at all...

df46f203a9b2699891d91b83d0ae5c40.jpg

Nothing at all... Nothing at all ... Nothing at all...

ROTFL! nearly chocked laughing :D

Back to lenses... I've tried this evenning the PD but on a model I didn't like (I'm thinking about a flak model or similar)
Maybe I have to check it a little better, because it didn't impress me that much... I mean, really good lens, but I didn't feel the "wow" factor.
Anyway I'm going back to the store tomorrow, so I'll take my time to check all the lenses I need :)

VR28BIP: isn't it a little bit dark? I read that it's dark almost as the BIP and I already have a few pair of models with those lenses.

VR28BIP does have the same light trans % as BIP, but the VR28 base tint is completely different, a warm contrast. It doesn't "feel" as dark.

But again I was leaning towards the darker tints due to your stated light sensitivity. There are a number of contrast options that are lighter, and preferred over VR28BIP by those who on average deal with milder light, such as Brits...

When you are there you might want to try titanium (or tungsten) iridium polarized. I normally prefer contrast lenses when around snow and more neutral lenses at other times. Positive red is also a good lens for trekking imho.

yeah you're right NoFair, thanks!
Added to my list.

I'll be honest: I prefer contrast lenses too.
Dark grey lenses are great for very bright sunlight (infact in certain situations the BIP is my saviour) but bronze/brown/rose lenses are really more pleasant and relaxing to use imho.
I only try to avoid really high contrast lenses because I feel like I'm watching a broken tv XD

Back