• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses For X Metal

xmetal40

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
USA
Curious as to what some of you prefer when the opportunity arises to buy lenses to be cut? Violet? Emerald? Ruby? Fire? OO red?

I'm making a vault run next week; my only goal will be buying Juliet lenses (already called and I know they have some) as well as checking the half jacket and big taco lenses that can be cut for X Metal. Thoughts about what I should search for would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I really like the plasma frames. My next X Metal will quite possibly be plasma. Thoughts about the best lenses for plasma?

xmetal40

In my opinion, Violet, Jade & OO Red for plasma and/or X-Metal...I have these colors for my frames. I prefer Polar to these colors...Jade maybe a harder color to find these days.

Personally when I'm selecting lenses I always consider base tint and light transmission % in addition to lens color. Of the ones mentioned so far, violet, fire, and oo red are contrast base tint while emerald, jade, and ruby are neutral base tint; there's a wide range of transmission %s among those.

And to add to the list, I think plasma / ice is classic. It was one of the most popular OEM colorways.

Are the half jacket XL lenses good to do a cut for an x-metal XX? Is the difference in the half jacket and hj XL just size? THx

Are the half jacket XL lenses good to do a cut for an x-metal XX? Is the difference in the half jacket and hj XL just size? THx

There's a very good lens cutting guide (which donors are suitable for which cuts) somewhere in the DIY / modding forum.

All the information provides me with a lot of help. Thanks to all!

Latest Posts

Back