1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetal40

xmetal40 Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Curious as to what some of you prefer when the opportunity arises to buy lenses to be cut? Violet? Emerald? Ruby? Fire? OO red?

I'm making a vault run next week; my only goal will be buying Juliet lenses (already called and I know they have some) as well as checking the half jacket and big taco lenses that can be cut for X Metal. Thoughts about what I should search for would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I really like the plasma frames. My next X Metal will quite possibly be plasma. Thoughts about the best lenses for plasma?

xmetal40

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. gongtowjai

gongtowjai Oakley Beginner

In my opinion, Violet, Jade & OO Red for plasma and/or X-Metal...I have these colors for my frames. I prefer Polar to these colors...Jade maybe a harder color to find these days.

3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Personally when I'm selecting lenses I always consider base tint and light transmission % in addition to lens color. Of the ones mentioned so far, violet, fire, and oo red are contrast base tint while emerald, jade, and ruby are neutral base tint; there's a wide range of transmission %s among those.

And to add to the list, I think plasma / ice is classic. It was one of the most popular OEM colorways.

4. Crzpilot

Crzpilot Oakley Enthusiast

Are the half jacket XL lenses good to do a cut for an x-metal XX? Is the difference in the half jacket and hj XL just size? THx

5. kronin323

There's a very good lens cutting guide (which donors are suitable for which cuts) somewhere in the DIY / modding forum.

6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

7. kronin323

8. xmetal40

xmetal40 Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

All the information provides me with a lot of help. Thanks to all!

9. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

No problem. ;)

10. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Will not work