• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses On The Eastern Boarder Frogskins 3D?

I used a very red set of ruby and a very blue set of violets. Looked great, gave a massive head ache

From what I've read, the lenses are specific to this frame. Nobody seems to know exactly what they are; but from all indications they were custom made by Oakley for EB.

My recommendation, if you want to actually wear the pair you're builing, is to go to the O Store and open up a few sets of +Red lenses. If you can find a really red one, and a really blue/purple one, you can put them together and get a really cool look. Plus, your eyes won't freak out when you wear them.

I'm Bumping this thread only because I had a true pair of eastern 3d, Eastern 2 & Eastern 3 Acapolco Gold. Basically The 3D is a blue iridium and a red iridium. I found it was the identical red to the supreme crystal red lenses. The only red iridium lenses to be released in a frog (other than a single in this). The lens base is not the same but its close and i had zero difficulty wearing them in the sun..However I did notice when it got a bit darker you could tell the difference more...All that happened was Oakley handed Eastern Boarder a wack of parts and said "Go To Town" as in make something cool. There is nothing spectacular about the 3D other than the small release numbers and a neat idea.. I Had no difficulty parting with both my 3D and my Acapolco Golds. for the extreme funds i received. All 3 boarders lacked the luster they needed IMO. With the exception of the NL3 bag on the 3rd pair and the Eastern 2 Black bag. Which I am currently looking for to be able to sell my EB2 complete. I Loved having 3 of the rarest frogs around but i feel a hand apinted pair like a modathree or a wicked fade like a Berrics Unified is far better... in that fetching way less coin each. (Which is odd).. lol .. Gimmie a DQM or a Vday any day....

My 4 cents

SoulFul

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but i just remembered how much i wanted these glasses.
Was there more progress on making a new set?
With the customizable frogskin site, it looks like ruby iridium and violet iridium are the closest from the back of the lense. Still not quite identical

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but i just remembered how much i wanted these glasses.
With the customizable frogskin site, it looks like ruby iridium and violet iridium are the closest from the back of the lense. Still not quite identical
Very different bases those lenses have...

Violet will be amber looking while ruby will look blu-ish (grey base)

There really isn't any tints currently available that would replicate those particular tints. Especially not from the field of view side with all the prizm carp thats now out, the original tints were essentially grey like you'd find on older blue iridium.

The tough part is tracking down a +red example that could mimic the red iridium they used close enough in FOV to the blue ird while retaining an exterior ird thats stronger on red side than blurple.

Haven't checked on the custom online store frame options, but for a while there was literally no model that had pure white arms until the 4th of July pair came out couple of years ago. If you wanted to make a clone that would be the frame to find, then you'd have the fun of tracking down the discontinued lens tints which closely mimic the EB pair.

There really isn't any tints currently available that would replicate those particular tints. Especially not from the field of view side with all the prizm carp thats now out, the original tints were essentially grey like you'd find on older blue iridium.

The tough part is tracking down a +red example that could mimic the red iridium they used close enough in FOV to the blue ird while retaining an exterior ird thats stronger on red side than blurple.

Haven't checked on the custom online store frame options, but for a while there was literally no model that had pure white arms until the 4th of July pair came out couple of years ago. If you wanted to make a clone that would be the frame to find, then you'd have the fun of tracking down the discontinued lens tints which closely mimic the EB pair.

They just have white with black lettering, which I'm ok with. Looking more for just lenses that wont give me a headache. I thought now with more lens tints that it might be easier, but apparently that isnt the case

They just have white with black lettering, which I'm ok with. Looking more for just lenses that wont give me a headache. I thought now with more lens tints that it might be easier, but apparently that isnt the case
A set of older Blue Iridium lenses paired with the newer Torch Iridiums, might work... at least if you just wanted to display them. Wearing them is a different story, even though they both have neutral grey-ish FOV tints... their VLT is still different so that might cause a headache. But defiantly a lot less likely than the violet and ruby tints you were thinking of using.

A set of older Blue Iridium lenses paired with the newer Torch Iridiums, might work... at least if you just wanted to display them. Wearing them is a different story, even though they both have neutral grey-ish FOV tints... their VLT is still different so that might cause a headache. But defiantly a lot less likely than the violet and ruby tints you were thinking of using.
Acid blue tortoise frog and any torch iridium may work

Back