• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses Original Fives

Thanks! It's the FMJ 9MM with Black Iridim. I had the same ones back in '98. They were retired unceremoniously by a flying 2 liter bottle of Sunkist during Spring Break '01 in Panama City (luckily I wasn't wearing them at the time).. I'd been looking for this pair for about a year now. I think they're getting pretty rare. They're in good shape, but the lenses could be a little better. Nothing affecting vision, but would like them to be "smoother" on the outside. :big_boss:

Fives.jpg

I had a Brown Tortoise pair back in 98/99. The cracked over the left orbital and Oakley replaced them. Then they cracked again...and they were not making them anymore, So they sent me the Polished RootBeer Five 2.0, which I still have.

Yeah, mine were my first non-Frogskins, since they were no long being made at the time my last pair of those broke. I loved the streamlined look. Very late-90s. I was sad when they broke. I went with some Square Wire 2.0s, which I still have 10 years later, but hardly ever wear b/c I'm back on the Frogs. I'd say the Fives are my second favorites. Good mix of form and function.

Back