1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Feelin' Froggy

Feelin' Froggy Oakley Beginner

I just got a pair of original Fives off eBay and need to find some new lenses for them. I can't find anyone making them, so I figured I'd take it to the experts. :cool:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Congrats! What colorway? I would love to pick up a pair of original Fives.

3. Feelin' Froggy

Thanks! It's the FMJ 9MM with Black Iridim. I had the same ones back in '98. They were retired unceremoniously by a flying 2 liter bottle of Sunkist during Spring Break '01 in Panama City (luckily I wasn't wearing them at the time).. I'd been looking for this pair for about a year now. I think they're getting pretty rare. They're in good shape, but the lenses could be a little better. Nothing affecting vision, but would like them to be "smoother" on the outside. :big_boss:

Lenses Original Fives - Fives.jpg

4. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I had a Brown Tortoise pair back in 98/99. The cracked over the left orbital and Oakley replaced them. Then they cracked again...and they were not making them anymore, So they sent me the Polished RootBeer Five 2.0, which I still have.

5. Feelin' Froggy

Yeah, mine were my first non-Frogskins, since they were no long being made at the time my last pair of those broke. I loved the streamlined look. Very late-90s. I was sad when they broke. I went with some Square Wire 2.0s, which I still have 10 years later, but hardly ever wear b/c I'm back on the Frogs. I'd say the Fives are my second favorites. Good mix of form and function.