• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lenses Sitting On The Arms Of A 4.0 Riser - Not A Good Fit For X-Metals? C-SIX? CBs? Anything?

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I've noticed that on my 4.0 riser (yeah, that new clear one) the backs of the lenses are resting on the arms...? Now, before you reply and tell me the arms are smooth and polished and I reply to you that the reduced impact of a design flaw does not negate or excuse the design flaw, let me say;

I don't like that.

I don't think any part of lenses of my glasses should be a|the|any contact point on a stand.

It makes me a little, well... :mad:

I first noticed this taking some pics of one of my C SIX, but notice that my X-Metals, especially the larger lenses - R1, X2, XX - They all do this??? [??? = DAFAQ]

Then I try a Carbon Blade (remember the pretty promo pic with the CBs stacked on the 4.0 so nice?) - well, same thing... :eek:

Now there is a small knob [stopper?] on the front of these that I presume is there to prevent the glasses from sliding back too far as they do on the black orbitals, but what good is that if the inside of the lenses make contact first? The nose area never hits the knob/stopper/thingy 'cause the lenses make contact first!

How can something so aesthetically pleasing, so adjustable, so likable, have such a fundamental flaw?

Who else has these stands?
Who else has noticed?
Can I get a "WTF?"
Anyone on this 'I'm not liking my lenses resting on the stand' bus? :comando:

I'm going to take some pics and add to this thread... just getting warmed up on this rant!

Oh, there WILL be PICS! ;)... standby, or sit - this evening likely.

DOES ANYONE WHO HAS THESE DISAGREE - IS THIS UNANIMOUS?

S

Just picked up some of these 4.0 stands THEN saw this thread. So whats the general concensus, are they detrimental to the lens. I too do not like lenses touching anything ! Should I stick with the black 3.0's ?