• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Less Smoke And Fewer Mirrors In The Exchanges

What is someone says "I want it" but offers less than asking price? Should he have the rights to it?

That's what I mean, I don't take posts like that seriously unless they are willing to pay what I'm asking.

What is someone says "I want it" but offers less than asking price? Should he have the rights to it?

That's what I mean, I don't take posts like that seriously unless they are willing to pay what I'm asking.

No, no "rights" to it even if they will pay the asking price. Is it the fair thing to do to let them buy it? Sure. But a buyer doesn't have a "right" to it.

I think the person who has the rights to it is the person you agreed to sell it to in the first place.

Whoever wants it can want it but until you agree to sell to a specific person and haven't answered anyone yet, it doesn't belong to anyone but you.

No, no "rights" to it even if they will pay the asking price. Is it the fair thing to do to let them buy it? Sure. But a buyer doesn't have a "right" to it.

Agreed Hearno, no "rights" but the "right" thing to do. The point of my thread.

I think the person who has the rights to it is the person you agreed to sell it to in the first place.

Whoever wants it can want it but until you agree to sell to a specific person and haven't answered anyone yet, it doesn't belong to anyone but you.

We can agree to disagree here but thanks both for getting my thread back on track and bringing it full circle.

Yes, the person that has "rights" to an item is the person that has been told that they do. A listing is an offer to sell. An offer at less than asking price is a counter-offer. An offer to buy at asking price is acceptance. Sending funds and shipping items is performance on this contract.

Now the Internet has clouded things up and in reality folks compromise themselves behind the veil of their inbox. And in all likelihood compromise other aspects of their lives as well.

First offer to buy at posted price should get it. Unless the seller states "WTS xxxx, asking $xx.xx. Will consider all offers to buy and I reserve the right to sell to whomever I decide regardless of offering price and order submitted." Then I know up-front that I am dealing with a d-bag and may not even make an offer. But d-bags don't like to let on up-front that they are a d-bag which kinda defeats the purpose of d-baggery. That would be the polar opposite- honesty and transparency which I was the challenge when I asked for less smoke and fewer mirrors.

Dare to dream... :biggrin: