• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Let's get this party started!

No worries man, I made a few mistakes on my emerald lenses I cut for my R1 too. Good learning experience. Your next cut will turn out better.

That was precisely why I asked WTF is up with that lumber sand paper lol. I have some more Blue IR lenses for the Jawbone lol. One of these days wheb I get all my ducks in a row, I will get this video done. I have 1 more Gopro Hero 3 on it's way (for me), but need a couple more, and an ebay wireless mic system...I figure 4 cameras and clean audio should about do the trick

I scratched the sh!t outta my first set too...I have em still. Using...duh duh duuuuuuh....Sand paper...although it was automotive 2000 grit, still scratches delicate stuff like Iridium coatings

I have 1000 and 2000 for finishing the edges, but as much material as I was taking down, I needed something a tad bit more coarse. Guess you live and learn. It was a decent learning experience. I'm just really pissed that I have to drive 60 miles back up to the O-Store and another 60 back home.
As far as the VR28 blue... After putting them in the glasses, I don't like them nearly as much as the VR28BIP. So it's kind of a blessing in disguise I suppose. Maybe I'll get a set of fire and call it a day.

Everybody who cuts lenses screws up a pair in some stage of the process........At least you tried and know its not easy to hand cut them the first few times, once you find your way of doing them, they become easier....

I have 1000 and 2000 for finishing the edges, but as much material as I was taking down, I needed something a tad bit more coarse. Guess you live and learn. It was a decent learning experience. I'm just really pissed that I have to drive 60 miles back up to the O-Store and another 60 back home.
As far as the VR28 blue... After putting them in the glasses, I don't like them nearly as much as the VR28BIP. So it's kind of a blessing in disguise I suppose. Maybe I'll get a set of fire and call it a day.
I feel ya man. I used to do the whole polishing thing with sand paper and all. I have found a trick that makes the edges very very nice, and I don't even have to change bits. Once I get this vid done, you will all trip out lol. 2 bits is all you need. But the best investment is the Dremel. I still prefer the older model over the new, and the older flex shaft over the new. Huge differences make the new one almost pointless to have other than removing the torque from the actual tool from your hands.

Back