• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lighting issues

The original cases came with fluorescent ballasts made by a company called Pilot. These are no longer available and I have not found a similar ballast that will run those lamps. The top fluorescent only illuminates the Oakley sign. I assume you are speaking about that. The top bulb was an F15 T8 15 watt. Rather than attempting to replace the ballast it is more cost effective to buy a complete fixture. $26.00 at most electrical supply shops.The units come in various standard sizes and eliminate the large ballast. You can hardwire it into the existing halogen or led lights so the unit comes on when you turn the case on. The most common use for the fixtures are under cabinet lighting so they are fairly slim. 2 inches high at most. You can afix them with two strips of double sided Velcro.

Yes the top fluorescent light and the halogens aren't working. Seems weird that both ballasts would go out at the same time. I have figured out how to replace those halogens with LEDs and got those installed but now I have to get a new ballast for the fluorescent and a driver for the LEDs?

Back