• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limit the number of bumps

OGfrog

Oakley Expert
Title says it all. Some for sale threads get bumped too much. It's turning into Craigslist where people edit their post to stay at the top. I know there is already a 48 hour rule for bumps but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Title says it all. Some for sale threads get bumped too much. It's turning into Craigslist where people edit their post to stay at the top. I know there is already a 48 hour rule for bumps but that doesn't seem to be enough.
Or some use their 2nd/3rd/4th/5th ..... account (or have buddies, family members, relatives, neighbors, etc.) to post unnecessary comments just for the sake of bumping up or creating the impression of interest.

I don't really understand your personal vendetta against this, but I'm glad you've moved it to the proper location rather than directly disagreeing with the seller on their own sale thread. They have earned the right to sell within the rules of the exchange forum, for whatever price they choose to ask. If you don't like the rules, then this is the place to discuss it.

Thats y I don't post pm sent or ask for that in my thread. Keep it clean without conversation

My personal vendetta? Haha excuse me for wanting a clean exchange forum and for disliking flippers.

So we just allow people to keep bumping unwanted items to the top? Has to be some better way. I hate spam am I the only one?

pretty clear that by the third bump, no one is interested. Bumps should be for price drops.
Just curious... Three bumps in a week, three bumps in a month? What is special about the number 3?

pretty clear that by the third bump, no one is interested. Bumps should be for price drops.
Not always. In sections especially over-bumped by less than orthodox bumping and frivolous chatter, threads get lost among the thorns. I just sold something that I personally bumped around 3 to 4 times.

Latest Posts

Back