1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OGfrog

OGfrog Oakley Enthusiast

Title says it all. Some for sale threads get bumped too much. It's turning into Craigslist where people edit their post to stay at the top. I know there is already a 48 hour rule for bumps but that doesn't seem to be enough.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OOO

OOO Be True

Or some use their 2nd/3rd/4th/5th ..... account (or have buddies, family members, relatives, neighbors, etc.) to post unnecessary comments just for the sake of bumping up or creating the impression of interest.

3. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

I don't really understand your personal vendetta against this, but I'm glad you've moved it to the proper location rather than directly disagreeing with the seller on their own sale thread. They have earned the right to sell within the rules of the exchange forum, for whatever price they choose to ask. If you don't like the rules, then this is the place to discuss it.

Uluahunter likes this.
  4. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Thats y I don't post pm sent or ask for that in my thread. Keep it clean without conversation

5. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

All limiting bumps will do is make people post a whole new thread

6. OGfrog

OGfrog Oakley Enthusiast

My personal vendetta? Haha excuse me for wanting a clean exchange forum and for disliking flippers.

So we just allow people to keep bumping unwanted items to the top? Has to be some better way. I hate spam am I the only one?

Oakley for life likes this.
  7. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

pretty clear that by the third bump, no one is interested. Bumps should be for price drops.

8. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Premium member here so no spam :)

9. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Just curious... Three bumps in a week, three bumps in a month? What is special about the number 3?

10. OOO

OOO Be True

Not always. In sections especially over-bumped by less than orthodox bumping and frivolous chatter, threads get lost among the thorns. I just sold something that I personally bumped around 3 to 4 times.

Dallas O Hog likes this.