• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limited edition giclée prints!

Thats what I meant 4 kinds of prints at 40 of each print for $275 each. I actually wanted one but i got too much on my plate rite now.

20141210_214640.jpg
I was speaking with RoTors offline earlier and considering the value of these things in the larger scope of things. Guys are selling bunkers for $300ish. Oakley itself sold Carbon carabiners for $300. Some crackhead may or may not have bought a pair of carbon blue Ichiros for $2100. 24k's regularly trade in the $1500 range.
These "drawings" are seriously nice and substantial in size, matting, printing method used and textured surface (paper for lack of a better word). They have the same little card as the biner and bunker but it says x/ 40 not x/500 or x/750 or one of a couple thousand in the case of the Ichiros.
1 of 40.
Honestly these things are so big that I am actually having difficulty figuring out where to hang the whole set of them. I consider my collection a sort of alternate investment and I do not have any reservations about these holding their value if not appreciating. Equally honestly, I may just get a couple more of the Romeo ones- everyone on the forum has had a crack at them for a while now- but they won't wind up in the exchange for twice retail in the exchange next week...
1 of 40, real art done by Oakley. $275 is starting to seem pretty reasonable isn't it???

I wonder if they would have shifted faster if more than one had been of a production pair rather than concepts that bear at best middling resemblance to what we got?

Isn't the bottom right a romeo?
Yep, hence "more than one" :) Either more production models or something with clear lineage to them would have helped desirability for me - the others are a bit too abstracted for my liking. Interesting to see the origin of the species, yes, not necessarily something I'd put up on the wall.

Latest Posts

Back