• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Limited Edition Sunglass Bags

Inkster

Oakley Beginner
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and I was looking for an answer to my question, but couldn't find it so I come to you guys for you wisdom. I've recently started collecting Oakleys and I had a quick question. I bought a pair of Shaun White Offshoots from Zappos and I noticed that the microfiber bag that came with it wasn't the fancy patterned one I see on Oakley's website, it was a simple black one. I saw on Zappos' website, they had images of a black bag, but I thought it was stock for the regular versions of the Offshoot. I was wondering if anyone had any reason why this might be. Is it a Zappos thing (authenticity issues?)? Or does Oakley make different packaged versions of some of their sunglasses?

I also had a similar occurence with some Infinite Hero Fuel Cells I bought from Zappos, except it was just the box that was regular, while everything was LE (i.e. fancy bag, pin, poster).

Thanks much.

It doesnt mean they are fake. I have had stuff come from Oakley with the wrong bag. But when you buy from an outside source, its kind of luck of the draw as far as the bag.

Hit them up with a mail and ask why you never got the SW edition bag with your purchase.

There could be a multitude of different reasons why you got a stock bag. They could be buying overstock from Oakley or selling the bags of separately elsewhere or someone's packaged it up incorrectly.

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated. I emailed them as you guys suggested and this was the response, I got back from them

Thank you for contacting Zappos. My name is Meg and I will do my very best to assist you as quickly as possible.

Often times, manufacturers will make changes to the packaging and not notify us of that change. If this information is not specified in the product details for the item, we are not able to guarantee it. For example if you went to the Oakley store in Annapolis and then visited one in Baltimore, you could receive two different bags, depending on what the manufacture provided to them.

Sadly, this prevents us from checking the packaging, or features of one particular item, especially because that item might not be the item you would receive. We would not want to represent measurements, the packaging / bag, or features as facts when your individual item may be different depending on the product. Our information and images are representations accordingly. We only have the bags the manufacture provided for us, but there is no way for us to get you the bag you were looking for.
I guess that makes sense. I just wasn't aware that Oakley packaging could be that different between the same product. Zappos has always been reliable so I highly doubt anything fishy is going on. Oh well.

That is a generic response that I have also received on occasion with regards to the outer packaging being different to what was advertised. This I can understand, but the SW series with the new bags has only just been released a couple of months back and I find it hard to believe that Oakley would already have changed these out for a stock black bag.

This would deter me from making another purchase from a retail company that could not ensure that the package advertised on Oakley's website was not the same as what would be received from them.

I'm sure there are other forum members out there who would agree with me that signature microfiber bags that come out with certain pairs is what helps to drive the sale of a product.

It'll cost you nothing more than another email directly to Oakley to confirm if what "Zappos" has said to be true.

Hey guys just as a follow-up/FYI, I emailed Oakley and got a response from them today:
Thank you for your recent inquiry. Zappos.com is one of our largest clearance reseller. All products directly from Oakley will remain the same, but it is possible that our clearance reseller ended up with a standard Microbag to fulfill the order.
Best Regards,

So it sounds like they had the sunglasses, just not enough the SE bags and decided to put them into regular black ones rather than getting the matching bags to get it out to Zappos, if I'm putting the pieces together correctly.

think that kind of thing happened with me and eyewearoutlet. got the sunglasses rubber band thing but not the koi bag. taken me a year to hunt one down. forum user here sorted me out top dude moore