• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"limted Edition...."

As ive always said - The numbers Oakley produces and the numbers they say they produce are very different. It all means nothing to me really. For me Limited Editions relates to ease of obtaining. Not the amount of pieces produced or for how long. Take the Van Ness, Atmos for example, they will be hard to get in afew weeks. Atmos is already hard to find.

"Collectors" or Frogfouls, need to realise ebay isnt a tool to value your product. I for one have bought a pair of sunnies on there for £70, received them, taken better photos and sold the same pair on the same site for £120. £50 for a photo, my kind of work.

Anyway, we need to remember Oakley themselves are making a small percentage of the overall profits on these. You and me are buying them at stupid prices from some guy who grabbed afew at retail and has been sitting on them for afew months. This is the reason why I feel us as a Collectors community, should condem the sellers on here for trying to make huge money on pieces of plastic. Yeh we can all argue everyone needs to make money. But come on - we all saw those prices in the listing on the exchange section!

like i wrote in before
MONEY MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND
and lux want´s more more more....

I have more reason to hate LUX than most, but ill put that aside for now and disagree. Look at it this way - a pair of Cult would have cost O/Lux $15 to make. Retailed at $120, making them 8 times their cost. That same pair gos on ebay and sell for $800.

like i wrote in before
MONEY MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND
and lux want´s more more more....

That's a saying that greedy rich people invented to make themselves feel better about being evil, greedy bastards.
Actually it's the gravitational pull of the sun that makes the world spin! Lol

okay dudes. . .
maybe i´m wrong?!
but i think it´s all about the money.
we all know that the "evil evil" is on ebay!

I agree with you Nerd. Money, money money.

I give frogs away!

if you're give frogs away dude, i'll gladly take them. =)

i guess FrogTastic has a point, the numbers don't really matter much anymore. to me, buying frogs has always been based on how much they are worth to me, as in, how much i'm willing to pay for them. sorry, but 5k for Blends? no way.

back to the point of the thread, i was just peeved abt the way Oakley marketed "limited edition" stuff. fully knowing that those 2 words would make people sit up, take notice, and race to buy their stuff, fearing that they could be sold out in a flash, and that's the end of the story. and thus cause a chain reaction, in which Frogsharks snap up the "limited" pieces, jack up the price, and list them on the Bay. and poor souls like us may just end up buying them, coz, where else are we gonna be getting them? vicious cycle this game is.

my next purchase i'll admit, is a big one, even though it's part of a trade off as well. like FrogTastic said, it probably cost 15-20 bucks to make, sold for 200 perhaps? but it's gonna cost a fortune to get. but i'm willing to fork out coz this has been my Holy Grail piece for ages, and oh well, they are "limited" to 48 pieces, so...=)

Latest Posts

Back